03 May 2019

McDo Dian | Extortion for a Large Cup

The day would be just fine dining at McDonald’s Dian with the new Ugly Dolls ‘Art toys’ for the month of May 2019 as their Happy Meal toys. Taking an early lunch to avoid the huge crowd lining up to get the Happy Meals at the same time taking advantage of the use of the self-service machine. It was a convenient way to avoid any more delay time with a staff.

There was a new option for the self-service kiosk which was one of the concerns I had when they introduced the service and that is the staff bringing your food to the table instead of waiting for pick-up that is only for take-out orders. I’ve always address this concern whenever taking advantage of the McDoListens.com survey to put this reason why McDo Philippines is using the service wrongly.


In Australia, the sue of the self-service kiosk is either for take-out or dine-in, but introduced in the Philippines sometime in September 2018 they only let customers get their food through the pick-up counter which is only for Take-Out customers.

NOT Made like the Original McDonald's Hamburger. This was the worse localize Burger Ever.


Even without the requested removal of the dressing this Burger McDo still tastes TERRIBLE.




The Regular Fries is not "Golden" as what they say in the press release as they easily lose their crispy quality. 


This is what they called "The Famed" McSpaghetti where this one served is dry and has small portion.


Order of the Day

I have taken advantage in ordering my meal using the self-service kiosk. The lunch is for two Happy Meals, which consists of Burger McDo Meal that has Fries. The Burger McDo specified to be “plain” without the dressing, while the other was McSpagetti Meal without fries.

When I got to the counter I specify the request that the Burger McDo is “plain” with no dressing and the two Pineapple drinks will be joined into ONE LARGE CUP WITHOUT ICE. I asked the staff who I spoke with to repeat my request and repeated to her TWICE.

I even told her the toys I want which is Number 2 and 6 as she have nodded confirmed all I need for the day and paid the meal to wait at my table. Fifteen minutes later a young gentleman brought my meal to the table and asked if they got my order right. Even before from a far I already know what went wrong already and calmly asked that I requested BOTH DRINKS to be in ONE LARGE CUP WITHOUT ICE.

The guy already got nervous with this and kept coming back with my tray with the food I ordered until a lady came in and try to rectify the concern. I can’t believe in the Philippines it takes two to three people to fix the concern that NEVER GOT RESOLVED.

Simple Request. Two Regular Drinks Combined in a LARGE CUP WITHOUT ICE. But You have to Pay PhP 10.00 Pesos.


Charging PhP 10.00 Pesos for a Large Cup

What got me all riled up is one of the team supervisors having the balls telling me to pay PhP 10.00 pesos to replace my two pineapple drinks full of ice for a large cup?! So this is now McDonald’s Business Practice CHARGING THEIR CUSTOMERS FOR LARGE CUP in place of the two drinks I requested to be combined in one drink?!

The issue WAS NOT RESOLVED and left me not enjoying my meal with this kind of BLANTANT CORRUPTION. So if the customer doesn’t want ice in their drinks and want to have their two drinks combined in one LARGE CUP YOU HAVE TO PAY AN EXTRA PhP 10.00 Pesos?!

This is what McDonald’s Philippines bragging about their World Class training turns out to be Filipino Low Class Corruption! What’s disappointing is all the staff I spoke with did not resolve my concern and it is obvious McDonald’s makes A LOT OF MONEY AT THE SAME TIME STINGY WITH THE QUALITY OF SERVICE! So this is how quality is being done in the Philippines they are only good at apologizing but never good at resolving the issue.

They serve their drinks FULL OF ICE and if the customer request it their face is not cheerful. This is how you treat your customers charging them with an extra fee to fix a problem that is EXTORTION.

I was more pissed that none of the staff in this McDonald’s branch that I have discussion with won’t give their names, and the last person who told me I need to pay extra PhP 10.00 pesos was nowhere to be found. Certainly, I would dine in this place and make sure to expose what’s wrong with McDonald’s Philippines quality of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment