13 November 2018

McDo Sta. Cruz | Illogical Ban of Straws

11.13.2018: If you’re a customer and being served inappropriately would you feel offended? You put up a survey for your company to hear what your customer’s feedback, but don’t to take it to heart what really needs to improve means you’re just not being direct with the people who shared their opinion.

I’ve dined in at the McDonald’s Sta. Cruz branch and had answered their McDo Listens several times, which sending them a piece advise to improve this store.

For some reasons from all the McDonald’s stores I’ve dined in this has become unbearable to experience to visit. The only reason I go there was have a decent meal during lunch this, but this time I decided to have them Take Away.


It was lunch time and the peak of traffic through the counters things is going to be pressure for the staff at McDonald’s Sta. Cruz to make sure they serve their customers and reduce the queue from being enough hectic as it is. Tables have been filled and more people come in droves standing in line to almost all the counters, which mean all hands on deck.

Personally, I decided to have my meal for a take away as I don’t have the luxury of time to look for a chair seeing how the way the staff take the customers’ orders and making them wait also at the counter has been a hassle like cramping everyone to the side that no space can hold.



Becks, the staff who never smiles, does not even actually listen, or even apologize. Is this how customer service should be?


Customer Service Nonsense

Despite the pressure seeing people line up for lunch time is a tall task, but working at McDonald’s it’s a challenge to be accommodating and at the same time smiling making sure the customer feel welcome. I was behind a foreigner who was the next one to be served with lunch and he had ordered two-piece McChicken for dine-in.

So there he was waiting for his meal while he was asked by a staff named Becks to wait, which does look inconvenient when you can just hand him a receipts with his number just bring his food where he is seated instead of being cramped up to the right side of the counter that has a very small space. It was finally my turn to have ordered a Happy Meal explicitly the Burger McDo even though this sandwich tastes horrendous since I’ve wanted Totodile as the next toy to collect.

So there I was asked by Becks to wait on the side with the foreigner having our meal be served. There is no excuse to smile and as I’m observing this guy he was uninterested like we were like cars in the assembly plant. Being put to the side like a ‘finished product’ not even asked if we have anything we need and that’s how you keep this guy to handle customer service.

Straws are only available for Take Outs, but not for Dine-In customers. What's the Logic behind that?


The Illogical Straw Ban and Uncovered Drinks

Yes, straws are banned but seriously if this was supposed to be not used why the hell you still give them for those who order take outs? The foreigner who was there before me saw that I was given a straw and he was asking for a pair and Becks’ reply is so obviously illogical that they do not serve straw for dine-in customers but you can give them out for take outs?

Not only that what happens to the unused drink covers to the drinks serve for dine-in customers? I’ve said this lot of times when answering McDo Listens survey that they need to serve drink covers to dine-in customers because they can also be used as coasters for the drinks to sit on. McDonald’s in Australia has WAY BETTER understanding about recycle and banning plastic product but they still serve plastic straws to both dine-in and take away customers. For the Philippines, the concept is lack of common sense. You don’t serve dine-in customers their drink without lid covers why?

The use of lid covers also protects the drinks from incoming insects besides being used as coasters for the drinks to sit on. This also helps to avoid spillage of the drinks and the lack of common sense that lid covers are only used for takeout customers is speaks of volumes how illogical the way McDonald’s Philippines has been training their staff.



Brain Dead Service

What pissed me off is the lack of listening skills Becks have when it was my turn to order my meal. Remember, I mentioned that I want a Burger McDo Happy Meal with no fries and the drink has no ice. What I got when I had my meal with me is just a regular Burger McDo Meal, because I was counting my change and got PhP 14.00 pesos that had me scratching my head.

It turns out I had a Burger McDo Meal with fries and no toy. The Happy Meal with Burger McDo with drink is only PhP 90.00 pesos and when I indicated that to him he asked me to give him extra PhP 8.00 pesos to replace the fries with the toys. I kept a polite reaction not to be pissed about this whole drama as I’m concerned for the next customer behind me.

I didn’t exactly pay PhP 90.00 pesos for a Happy Meal I even gave him more and not even apologizing to me. I do enjoy experience the customer service in this branch it’s giving me a sheer joy to indicate what has gone wrong the reason why I’ll never refer this branch to anyone.

The Most Unoriginal Product from McDonald's Philippines, The Burger McDo. 


Third times a charm. They served burnt out Burger McDo in this branch. Such distasteful nonsense.


The bad, the Ugly, and Burger McDo

I left McDonald’s Sta Cruz with my meal and very unsatisfied. In my head I know I’ll be sending a survey again about this branch will say the same things that I have experienced in this place that will never go away which includes the worse things that happened today. I’ll be always nitpick at the Burger McDo I’m sure these people who reads my surveys must be laughing that they won’t take me seriously.

Maybe this time an accompanied first-hand experience that happened today complete with evidence about the staff, the store, and its food will be enough to make sure this branch should take notice. The Burger McDo I had was burnt and like I have said several times they should discontinue this product and bring back the original hamburger that has been the signature identity of this brand.

Since being introduced in 1997 I was never been a fan of the Burger McDo, so whenever I order a Happy Meal I asked for the hamburger instead. But the original hamburger was discontinued sometime in early 2000s for McDonald’s Philippines to dictate the taste of what hamburgers are for Filipinos. When I was in Australia and had the chance to have the hamburger again it was immaculate. For the Burger McDo, it’s a terrible product way below the quality standard what McDonald’s used to be when it first opened its doors to the country and until now they can’t even explain themselves or even address my concerns.

Why would you not serve dine-in customers without lid covers? The lack of common sense is obvious in this photo.


So does McDo really listen? All I can say is they only ‘selectively listen’ to what they can do or what they won’t as they have to maintain the so called ‘Filipino flavour’ for their brand. That is not how you do it regardless how many times you re-rebrand the Burger McDo it will be the same crap as the way they did with the McSpaghetti. The Happy Meal menu is not even flexible to have a cheeseburger instead of a Burger McDo which you’re tied down to a very limited selection.

In Australia, you can have a cheeseburger for the Happy Meal and we’re all good or a McWrap if you want it. Why would I spend more for a Burger McDo that taste terrible with that salad dressing? They can’t even answer straight about it which the usual Filipino attitude is leaving you dead in the air.

Totally not a good customer service experiences in this branch, which deserves nothing, more than a low grade. If you want to share your opinions about this with McDonald’s just visit the McDoListens.com and you need a receipt number to enter from the branch you dined in when you answer their survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment