28 March 2019

McDo Supposed McSaver | SUPER ICED Coffee

What’s the worse than the summer sweating in the heat, which solves that with some cold drinks. Yeah, it would be cool to know there’s no other fast food restaurant aside from its local competing counterpart to come up with some alternatives to “beat the heat” with McDonald’s ice coffee, Frozen, and soda just to go through the season.

Rarely, you’ll see a McDonald’s store to offer McCafe related drinks that doesn’t have its own brewing area to just offer what would do good for the season. Personally, for Philippine standards the McCafe doesn’t hold its taste with the ones sold in Australia particularly from Melbourne that founded the brand almost twenty six years ago until trying out the Ice Coffee.


If it wasn’t the customer service in the Philippines have zero empathy you’ll in luck to appreciate the heavily marketed McSavers drinks and food to be ever compared to Australia’s ‘loose change’ options that has been fairly honest for being a sure fire hit.

But today wasn’t only the weather that heated up but as much as a customer like me to keep my temper in check while I was standing in line just to get an Iced Coffee for PhP 39.00 pesos ($1.04 AUD) because that’s what I thought as I was served by a guy named “MJ” who tries to elude my vision looking at his name plate when I found out I’m paying for a PhP 49.00 pesos ($1.31 AUD) “Vanilla” flavoured iced coffee instead without even mentioning that there’s an additional PhP 10.00 pesos ($0.27 AUD) seemed like false advertising type of highway robbery when he offered that option.

The requested "less ice" does not exist in McDonald's Philippines dictionary. 


If he was upselling me a different flavor this staff should have informed me beforehand but NO. Even without apologizing to inform the customer, namely me he was in a rush to give the drink so he can serve the next person. I even requested for “less ice” but I guess only in the Philippines you will not see ANY changes to that because they want their customers to think that they did. All I have right now is a SUPER ICED coffee like 70% ice cubes with 30% percent coffee that I will not even recommend to any friends who are not from the Philippines.



Seriously, this branch in Sta. Cruz like any McDonald’s store with the lack of proper customer service training that they claim to be “world class” should know how to be at least be polite. But it shows a 100% percent owned McDonald’s doesn’t even really show customer service centric to admit to their mistake, rather once you got your order they let you out the door post haste.

Clearly, I’ve given up to be this gracious to ever respect the staff in this branch the lack empathy and politeness is nothing but just all business. I’d rather see a foreigner owned McDonald’s than a Filipino because it reflects the attitude and personality why this fast food restaurant got dethroned by a bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment